Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sewing for Summer

The first thing I made with my new sewing machine was a summer top and shorts for Dixie.  Same pattern I used a few years ago for her sister (Butterick 3832 in sizes 4-8).  I also have an almost identical pattern McCalls 9369 in sizes 7-10.  Jass told me she wants me to make this for her, too.

I bought the fabric probably a year ago.  It's a pink cotton ice cream sundae fabric which I thought would be cute for a dress for one of the girls.  Her mom asked for some shorts and tops.  This was the first one.  I plan to make more over the next couple of weeks.

This photo turned out more purplish looking than pink.  No photo of the shorts.  I ended up putting elastic in the legs so they wouldn't be too loose or ride up on her.




When I was at Walmart last week I picked up an It's So Easy It's Simplicity pattern A1533 in sizes 3-8.  Super cute!

1 comment:

Pat said...


Lucky little girls.
Enjoy your new sewing machine.